Sunday, May 8, 2011

Let's Go Back To The Start

Have you ever wished so badly to undo every mistake you'd ever made, go back in time and be 8 years old when everything was right with the world and have your biggest concern with life be whether you would ride your bike to your friends house, or walk.

I don't believe in regret, the choices we make shape who we become each day. But lately I'm realizing how much simpler life would be if I hadn't made some of those choices. There would be much less pain, anger, frustration, loss, disappointment, fear, and despair. I know at the time I made those choices it was exactly what i wanted, and I knew what I was setting myself up for. The pain still exists though.

I just want to be okay. I want to accept who I am now, and make the changes necessary for my future happiness. But, I am stuck in this rut, in these ways, doing the things that hurt me rather than finding things to lift me up and make me happy for longer than a day.

I've got a lot of skeletons in the closet and I'm really good at pretending they don't exist. I've also become a professional at not showing emotions, and making myself numb to the situations at hand. Every now and then all those emotions hit at once and I have one of those wonderful breakdowns. I forget I'm human sometimes.

I'm going to take a long hard look at my life, and start making some big changes. Clearly something has got to give. To everyone who reads this that I've ever disappointed I'm sorry.

No comments: